Green-Smart Energy Technology Research Unit, G-SET
Head of research unit: Asst.Prof.Dr.Umarin Sangpanich
G-SET is an interdisciplinary research unit consisting of researchers with expertise in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, computer engineering, and economics. Our research themes comprise two key areas:
For more information visit our G-SET website
3 July 2020 (Bangkok). Asst.Prof.Umarin Sangpanich received the Especially Interesting Innovation Award at TEIT2019 for the innovation of Decentralized Group-Based Battery Energy Management : DBEM. Assoc.Prof. Sathaporn Chuepeng (The Dean of the Faculty of Engineering at Sriracha) and Asst.Prof.Kulwadee Somboonviwat also attended the award ceremony.
Thailand Energy Innovation and Technology Awards 2019 (TEIT2019) was organized by Energy Regulation and Conservation Division, Department of Alternative Energy Development and Efficiency, Ministry of Energy. TEIT2019 is a national contest to select innovative research and development achievements that best utilize existing technologies to enhance the efficiency in energy conversation and alternative energy systems.
DBEM (Decentralized Group-based Battery Energy Management) is an innovation developed by Asst.Prof.Dr.Umarin Sangpanich and G-SET researchers with a funding from Energy Policy and Planning Office, Ministry of Energy (FY2017). The key benefits of DBEM are four-fold: (1) to prolong the battery lifetime, (2) to minimize the loss of power supply, (3) to reduce the cost of energy, and (4) to reduce the wasted electrical energy.
Energy Storage Systems
We aim to develop innovation of energy storage system management for improving battery performance and extending battery life, especially in the following two system categories.
- Power systems, micro-grid systems, industrial electrical systems and stand-alone systems using solar-wind energy systems
- Electric Vehicles (EVs) and rail electrification systems
Advanced Data Engineering
Digital transformation has led to unprecedented amount of data being generated in various fields such as energy, agriculture, construction, and biology to name a few. Our advanced data engineering research aims to uncover valuable knowledge and insights from Big Data using state-of-the-art data engineering technologies.
- Talk by Dr.Veerapol: Aflatoxin and Ochratoxin A-Free Food InnovationApril 21, 2021On Thursday 25 March 2021 (9:00am-12:00am), Dr.Veerapol Monyakul gave a seminar talk at Faculty of Engineering at Sriracha’s Youtube Channel. The topic of his talk is Aflatoxin and Ochratoxin A…Read more
- Talk by Dr.Veerapol: Innovations for combating COVID-19 and PM 2.5April 21, 2021On Thursday 28 January 2021 (8:30am-12:00am), Dr.Veerapol Monyakul gave a seminar talk at Faculty of Engineering at Sriracha’s Youtube Channel. The topic of his talk is Innovations for combating COVID-19…Read more
- IEEE PES Seminar: The Digital Transformation of the Energy IndustryMarch 12, 2021On March 8-10 2021, Asst.Prof.Dr.Umarin Sangpanich and Asst.Prof.Dr.Kulwadee Somboonviwat attended an academic seminar at Sukosol Hotel, Bangkok. The seminar was organised by IEEE Power and Energy Section, Thailand Chapter. The…Read more
- G-SET received Especially Interesting Innovation Award at TEIT2019February 22, 2021Asst.Prof.Umarin Sangpanich received the Especially Interesting Innovation Award at TEIT2019 for the innovation of Decentralised Group-Based Battery Energy Management : DBEM. Assoc.Prof. Sathaporn Chuepeng (The Dean of the Faculty of…Read more